Project and Development Management
Since I set up my own project management consultancy in 1993, I have developed and extended the range of services that I offer to embrace the management of the whole property development process.
This can begin with a site search and then onto negotiating the purchase of the site. Not only do I carry out the typical client side design and construction project management functions (see below) but I can also assist in the post completion, facilities management arrangements - a true 'cradle to grave' service.
I provide all the services set out in the RICS Standard Form of Appointment for a Project Manager (see www.rics.org). The core services are :
- Convene and chair all project meetings
- Attend meetings as required
- Establish a structure and procedure for the project
(Project Execution Plan)
- Direct the project team and issue instructions as required
- Prepare project reports in a style, format and frequency to be agreed
- Monitor and report on the performance of the project team
- Monitor and report on actual progress against planned
- Monitor and report on project budgets
(incorporating building cost reports from the Cost Consultant)
- Check and advise on all relevant payments